On Saturday 14 December 2019 teachers from Shia Ithna Ashari Madrasah (SIM) Essex participated in a Tarbiyah Refresher Training for bands C-F. SIM Essex was the first Madrasah to participate in this training and have endorsed it’s effectiveness.
The training was facilitated by Sr. Fatema Rahemani and Sr. Fatim Panjwani.
The main objectives of the tarbiyah refresher training included:
- Recapping the essence of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
- Gaining more insight on the learner centred approach
- Discussing challenges faced within the Tarbiyah Curriculum
- Sharing best practices
The Refresher training consisted of two main parts:
- A Lesson demo with students where the teachers observed how the lesson was being taught.
- A debrief with the teachers after the lesson demo.
Please see below for some of the feedback received regarding the training:
“The training enabled teachers to practically see how to streamline both the lesson plan and the lesson content in order to tailor it to the needs of the children, meet the learning objective and engage the children’s interest.”
“The experience, expertise and practical advice of the two trainers were invaluable and we are most grateful to both the trainers for their time and effort.”