On 03 November 2019 teachers from the Husaini Madrassah in Peterborough participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training for bands C-F. Then on 17 November 2019 the teachers completed the training by participating in the Micro teach for bands C-F.
The Tarbiyah Training was facilitated by Mulla Mohamed, Br. Kumail Jaffer and Sr. Farzana Esmail.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centred lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of Bands C-F.
Please see pictures from the Tarbiyah Training below
Please see pictures from the Micro teach below
When the participants were asked:
What is the most valuable learning you are taking away from this training workshop?
‘Being able to think ‘outside the box’ in a classroom environment.’
‘Implementing new ideas and making lesson more interactive.’
‘The learner centred approach.’
What aspect did you enjoy most about the training workshop?
‘Different type of learning catered for’
‘The interactive sessions’