On Saturday 25 January 2020 teachers from Sharikatul Hussain Saturday Workshop in Leicester participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training for both bands A-B and C-F. Then on Saturday 08 February 2020 the teachers completed the training by participating in the Micro teach for all the bands.
The Tarbiyah Training was facilitated by Br. Naushad Mehrali and Br. Kumail Jaffer.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centred lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of both bands A -B and Bands C-F.
Please see pictures from the Tarbiyah Training below
Please see a picture from the Micro Teach below
When Participants were asked:
What is the most valuable learning you are taking from the training?
“Interactive learning and how you can make it more effective”
“A deeper understanding of Tarbiyya and how to teach in a more learner centrered interactive way”
“How to keep the students engaged throughout the lessons and the different methodologies used to engage them”
What aspect of the training did you enjoy the most?
“The activities were very engaging and some out of the box..”
“Demo teaching and different teaching methods “