On Saturday 29 February 2020 teachers from Hyderi Islamic School (HIS) in South London participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training for both bands A-B and C-F.
The Tarbiyah Training was facilitated by Sr. Fatim Panjwani, Sr. Fatema Rahemani and Sr. Shabniz Kaba.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centred lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of both bands A -B and Bands C-F.
Please see pictures from the Tarbiyah Training below
When Participants were asked:
What is the most valuable learning you are taking from the training?
“New ideas and approaches to teach, making learning fun, how to make an impact and quality over quantity”
“To inspire a love of God in children”
“The incorporation of Blooms Taxonomy & piety in teaching”
What aspect of the training did you enjoy the most?
“Learning more about the curriculum and how to deliver it”
“Activities & lesson demo”