On 21 July 2019 teachers from Husaini Madrasah in Peterborough participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training Program and Micro Teach for
The Tarbiyah Training was facilitated by Sr. Ferzana Esmail, Br. Kumail Jaffer and Mulla Mohammed and the Micro teach was facilitated by Br. Naushad Mehrali.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centered lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of Bands C-F
Below are some Pictures capturing the moments
When the participants were asked:
Did the training workshop provide a good understanding of the Tarbiyah curriculum?
70.6% strongly agreed and 17.6% agreed
Was the training workshop interactive and engaging?
58.8% strongly agreed and 35.3% agreed
What is the most valuable learning you are taking away from this training workshop?
‘Accommodating different types of learners’
‘The ideology of integrated learning’
‘Understanding the Tarbiya programme’
What aspect did you enjoy most about the training workshop?
‘The interaction part, it put into practise the theory’
‘Very engaging and practical, could keep focused and was fun!’
‘The professionalism and passion of the facilitators- they were excited to introduce tarbiyah and it made me excited to learn and deliver it to the kids.’