On 14 July 2019 teachers from Muhammadi Madrasah in Birmingham participated in the Tarbiyah Curriculum Training Program for Bands C-F and Micro Teach for Bands A-B.
The Tarbiyah training for bands C-F was facilitated by Sr. Shabniz Kaba and Sr. Mariam Hassam and the Micro Teach for bands A-B was facilitated by Br. Naushad Mehrali.
Some of the objectives of the program included:
– Gaining a broad understanding of the structure and function of MCE
– Reviewing the history and background of the Tarbiyah Curriculum
– Gaining a basic understanding of the Tarbiyah Curriculum design, pedagogy and methodology
– Looking at what an integrated lesson looks like
– Gaining an understanding of what a learner-centered lesson means
– Experiencing a lesson demonstration of either bands A -B or Bands C-F
Below are some Pictures capturing the moments
To view a video with feedback on the training from one of the participants please click here
When the participants were asked:
Was the training workshop interactive and engaging? 73.7% strongly agreed and 26.3% agreed
Did the training Workshop provide a good understanding of the learner centred approach? 73.7% strongly agreed and 26.3% agreed
What is the most valuable learning you are taking away from this training workshop?
‘Importance of learner centred learning’
‘how to engage my students through interactive lessons.’
‘How to cater to different learning requirements- learning about different learning processes for different content’
What aspect did you enjoy most about the training workshop?
‘That the workshop was interactive’
‘The activities on content and process’
‘Clear communication and demonstrations’