Building Capacity within our Community
The Council of European Jamaats held its final weekend of the Leadership Development Programme 2019 on 30 November & 01 December 2019 at Kents Hill Park, Milton Keynes. The program was attended by participants from various Jamaats across the UK.
During the program, participants were encouraged to build on their learning from the previous weekend to discover and unlock their self-potential and build leadership capacity by enhancing personal capacity and upholding the values in their self, social and community relationships.
Some of the concepts explored during the weekend included Political Intelligence, Political Awareness, Political Integrity, Presenting with Presence, Gifting Feedback and Active Listening to mention a few.
What participants liked/valued the most:
- The thought provoking concepts. Facilitators were friendly and welcoming
- Practising and exchanges with the group and facilitators
- Practicals, Reflection sessions, facilitators energy and enthusiasm (May Allah swt reward them for their efforts)
- Time spent with everyone
- I thoroughly enjoyed the fishbowl session it was really hard for me but I learned so much about myself and how I perform under stressful situations. I know what I am good at and what I need to work on
The skills participants will apply immediately to their role:
- Constant self-reflection and active listening
- Active Listening
- Not to doubt self
- Public speaking
- Political awareness
- Presentation skills
- Respecting people rather than tolerating