CoEJ Mentor’s Development Program
CoEJ Capacity Building team in conjunction with the CoEJ Academy are running this program as part of the development of the CoEJ Mentoring scheme. The goal of this is to train mentors who would be part of a pool to support the growth and development of other volunteers in the community. It is targeted at those in the LDP Alumni group who would like to develop their mentoring skills and become part of community to touch other people’s lives.
By the end of the course, participants will have:
- Understood what is mentoring.
- Been introduced to Egan’s ‘Skilled Helper’ model (2010)
- Understood the key elements of each of the 3 stages of Egan’s model
- Practised each stage of the model and reviewed their skills development
- Reflected on their personal development
- Reviewed some practical and professional issues involved in being a mentor and a mentee
- Started to use the skills in practice
- Understand the CoEJ Mentoring scheme and how to become part of it.
Saturday 15th July- Monday 17th July 2017
De Vere Theobalds Estate
Lieutenant Ellis Way
Deadline for applications: 20th June 2017
- After attending the training to commit to their own personal development
- Send a reflective write up of 2 mentees that they mentor as a pilot within 3 months of finishing the training program.
- If deemed ready to be part of the scheme, to Commit to mentoring 2 mentees a year.
The workshop will be residential and constitutes over 30 hours of contact time over a period of three days. Sessions are expected to run from 9am to 8pm each day.
Please note that there is a nominal registration fee £25 for attending this workshop. Accommodation, meals, books and course material will be provided through the three days.
Please register through the link below:
Please note after registering, we will consider your application and send you an email to confirm your place in the program. Payment can be done thereafter.
Testimonials from participants:
“Really enjoyed working with participants, to practise skills”
“It gave me a structure to assist people in a short space of time”
Mentees quote at the end of a mentoring session:
“It has taken the weight off my shoulders”