The Al Mahdi Muslim Community joined other Muslims around the world in celebrating the holy month of Ramadhan. The month was marked with fasting, devotional prayers, reflection and charity. Through fasting, one can appreciate the terrible pangs of hunger faced by the needy. Homelessness and food poverty is a dark and hidden crisis in theRead More
- Youth EventsThe Behlool Society presents its first ever Youth Ziyarah trip.
- SecretariatThe Council of European Jamaats is recruiting !
- HilalRabi ul Akhar 1439 AH
- MembersMissing Muslims
- SecretariatCoEJ- EC MEETING 9 DECEMBER 2017- AGENDA
- SANCoEJ SAN Achievements and MLT Report
- HilalHilal Statement-Rabi ul Awwal-1439 AH
- ReliefLady Zaynab Helping Hands
- Health Improvement BoardInvasive Group A Streptococcal Infections
- YouthThe Behlool Society – Girls Winter Camp 2017
Despite the twinkling lights and Christmas trees disappearing shortly after 26th December 2014, two communities decided it was just the perfect time for a gathering to keep the spirit going. The communities of Wessex Jamaat and the Portsmouth Cathedral have been meeting together since 1994 for the joint Muslim-Christian evening to celebrate the birth ofRead More
The Church of England’s Bishop of Portsmouth, Rt Rev Christopher Foster, together with the Dean of Portsmouth Cathedral, The Very Rev David Brindley, visited Al Mahdi Centre on 24th September, 2013. The visit was initiated by Wessex Jamaat to showcase the new centre and the amenities to the local Church community. Wessex Jamaat has hadRead More
Earth day, is an event celebrated every year by Wessex Jamaat since 2009. It is the climax of the week long celebrations of “Dahwul Ardh”. – The phrase “Dahwul Ardh” literally means “The spread of the earth” The 25th of Dhulqa’dah, according to a tradition of the Noble Prophet (saww) is the day when theRead More