Health Screening Day
The Council of European Jamaats
Health Improvement Board
We organise a Health Screening Day in all European jamaats once every 2 years. A medical MOT of Health Services is available to you and your FAMILY for FREE (normally worth over £200.00) via your local Jamaat.
Dates: To be arranged with all Jamaats
Times: Once every 2 years
Venue: All UK Jamaats
• Doctors – consultation and overall health assessment
• Dentists – checking gums/teeth
• Opticians – general eye check-up
• Pharmacists – general medicine management advice
• Dietician – General Dietary Advice
• Volunteers will also be there to carry out:
- Thalassemia tests
- Blood sugar tests for diabetes
- Cholesterol test
- Cardiac risk assessments (40 yrs plus only)
- Stress management consultations (16 yrs plus only)
- Health promotional material including issues such as High Blood Pressue, Healthy Life
Style and Breast/Cervical Cancer (only for Ladies).
ALL INFORMATION WILL BE TREATED IN THE STRICTEST OF CONFIDENCE. LADIES AND GENTS WILL BE SEEN SEPARATELY.
Upcoming Screening Programmes:
Essex Jamaat – 26th April 2009.
A Health Screening Day organised by The Health Improvement Board of CoEJ was held in Peterborough on Sunday 13 June 2010. The majority of those that attended were in the over 50’s category.
From the data collected, it was noticed that the areas requiring more awareness to the community were in, weight management, smoking, regular exercise, stress management and dental and optical checkups.
It was recommended that dentists should be visited every 6 months and most people were unaware of this. The main dental problem amongst our members was gum disease. This is compounded by certain habits like eating sopari. It may be worth considering engaging community dentists to discuss these issues in the centre.